I’m a nonfiction writing facilitator, creativity coach, and story strategist. My writing and creative approach reflect the ideas that:
- creativity is an innate gift we all have,
- you don’t have to suffer to create what makes you feel alive,
- you do need to cultivate clarity and practice courage,
- your voice, your gifts, your story matter and they must be shared,
- practice, process, and product are equally important,
- there is a quieter, slower, and sustainable way to create, connect, and thrive,
- commerce can be as fun and joyful as making and creating if you do it your way.
The art (and science) of story is at the intersection of everything I bring to life.
My offers focus on helping unconventional women creators at midlife and beyond who want to enjoy the process of turning their knowledge, expertise, and wisdom into intellectual frameworks that are meaningful, valuable, and commercially successful in the second act of life—a fertile stage when we want to reimagine the work we do in the world and we desire to create what really matters more than ever.
“This class is a great way of gathering content for a memoir. I am going to miss this group. What a wonderful experience and a fantastic collection of writers and writing! This feels like the most sacred writing space.”
— JACKEE HOLDER, Executive/Leadership Coach, Coach Trainer & Author, jackeeholder.com
Most of the women I work and create with are introverted and multipassionate—just like I am. My programs are writing-centered because writing is the number-one superpower introverted creators have the capacity to ace.
Occasionally, I provide consulting services to agencies and startups related to audience insights, content audits, and brand story strategy, but I admit collaborating with solo creators and one-person businesses gratify me the most.
I write and send the Creative Sparks weekly newsletter each Monday, sharing tips, experiments, and a host of resources on the creative process, nonfiction writing, storytelling, and the art of building a sustainable, solo business. It’s totally free and no hype is involved. Come join 5k+ subscribers!
“Cigdem offers a unique blend of very powerful business discussions cloaked in an amazingly clear-eyed and kind global view. She is fully present, amazingly available, egalitarian, truthful, funny—with a depth of knowledge and resources that are astounding.”
— LIZ CRAIN, Ceramic Artist & Designer, lizcrainceramics.com
How I started and what I offer…
After more than two decades in various key positions in the corporate world (news media, education, and publishing), I finally followed the entrepreneurial streak that runs deep in my family and founded my consulting and teaching business after I moved to the U.S. in 2010.
(You can read more here about my roots, my story, professional background, business experience + some juicy trivia!)
Since December 2011, I’ve been running creativity courses, life-writing groups, and brand storytelling workshops for women across the globe from my peaceful headquarters in Central NJ, USA.
- I want more visionary women to tell their stories and get their voices heard in this noisy, extroverted world of ours without feeling burnt-out or icky.
- I want more brilliant women to make a great living doing work they love and get acknowledged and compensated liberally for their ideas and contribution.
- I want more women to lead the conversation and bring their unique wisdom and values to the global table.
- I want more quiet forces of nature to cultivate freedom, well-being, and wealth for themselves and the people they serve.
“Before I started working together with Cigdem, I wondered how we were going to pull it all together and how to let go of different offers to make a cohesively branded site. As she guided me to create my strategic business roadmap, I got much more clear on which income streams were most profitable and most enjoyable. I came to embrace the changes necessary to reflect this. It wasn’t easy but Cigdem was firm and patient. I would have never been able to do on my own all the deep digging that Cigdem guided me through. My business is now booming in all directions. Great new clients, speaking gigs, teaching, art. I am so happy. I also get a lot of good feedback about my website. It’s now attracting the avatar Cigdem and I worked with—three new clients who are exactly that!”
— CYNTHIA MORRIS, Author, Artist & Creativity Coach, originalimpulse.com
I offer 1-on-1 services and also work with remarkable women in a community setting in my boutique writing community and growth lab for introverted women writers, artists, coaches, and solopreneurs.
My clients and students bring to life moving essays, remarkable books, winning offers, and thriving businesses with joy and ease through establishing a consistent, enjoyable, high-yielding creative practice, finding and owning their unmistakable voice with confidence, and creating what matters to them and the people they would like to serve the most (without feeling lost, overwhelmed, or out of integrity).
“Cigdem’s writing community provides a safe space to share my writing. I like reading the various ways other writers respond to the same writing material. The prompts force me to think about the every day and how it relates to bigger issues, my past, and my vision for the future. The writing groups add rigor to my writing practice. They provide an opportunity to create a particular body of work. I have also lately begun to collect the writing I do to self-publish it. I also feel more professional and ready to take my business to the next level. People take me more seriously now because of how I present myself and my business on my website. I appreciate all that Cigdem does and her commitment to empowering other women.”
— LAVERNE ZABIELSKI, Writer & Wearable Art Designer, lavernezabielski.com
Get Your Creative Sparks
I’d love to share with you practical tips and valuable resources for navigating your creative life and solo business with more joy and ease.
The best way to stay in touch is to sign up for my weekly letter Creative Sparks—a resource that is guaranteed to spark your creativity, fuel your writing, and amplify your creative business each week. I send one email per week—each Monday morning. You can sign up here.
“I’m in the strategist’s chair every day in my own business, and what I really needed was someone who could give me what I give to my clients: wise, supportive strategy. Working with Cigdem has been one of the smartest investments I’ve made this year.”
— JAC McNEIL, Co-Active Coach & Thought Partner, jacmcneil.com
What you can expect to find in my world…
- A nurturing, supportive, galvanizing community that will transform how you create.
- Genuine connections with other independent-minded women creators (most of whom are introverted).
- Useful, original, step-by-step tools that will actually help you make meaningful progress in your creative life and business.
- In-depth interviews with some of the most interesting, knowledgeable, helpful experts in the fields of creativity, writing, publishing, art, entrepreneurship, and marketing.
- Free resources and events I occasionally offer only to my newsletter subscribers and my inner circle.
- Special invitations, first dibs, and discounts for my writing groups and other programs you might find useful.
- Access to my rich collection of resources, tools and creative network, which will save you time, money, and energy on your creative path.
What you WON’T find here…
- Hype, same old tips, generic resources, or irrelevant offers.
- Random information dump without hands-on guidance, a strategic vision or real connection.
- Just another class or course you won’t complete!
- Writing groups where the leader doesn’t show up or isn’t active.
- Crowded events where you feel lost, invisible, overwhelmed, or neglected.
- Too much happening at the same time without the space for making real progress and bringing projects to completion.
“Cigdem’s writing community has offered me a welcoming, safe, supportive space to be seen and heard, and the biggest benefit is confidence in myself as a writer. The support and feedback feel authentic, never superficial. I also enjoy the continuity and close bonds with the other members. I recommend this community to any woman who is looking for a circle of support for her writing. It offers the opportunity to be part of a community; a respectful, caring, honest, and intimate circle. If you are mid-life and introspective, and if you want to develop or deepen your writing practice, you’ll benefit the most.”
― MELINDA COPPOLA, Poet, Artist & Yoga Teacher, melindacoppola.com